Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Barber Got a Website

Two months ago my barber finally broke down and got a web site. Really just two pages of information and a link to directions with Google maps.

American Tobacco Barbershop

Now I love my barber. I've been going to her for over 20 years. She has worked solo most of that time and by appointment only. Last year she rented out her extra chair and starting taking walk-ins.

She isn't cheap - no SuperCuts pricing, but she is significantly less than the $400 our neighbor John Edwards apparently spends just a few miles away.

Her haircuts are very good, very consistent.

It is SEO'ed OK - not great. But it comes up first in local search because they did lots of things right. They listed the business in Google Local Business, Yelp, etc.

I did not ask what it cost. I could have done it for about $200.00 but I don't do this kind of thing.

It is not at all interactive and doesn't list prices.

So how much do you think it has made a difference?

In just two months 30% of new customers are finding them through the website. That is a 50% increase in new customers. How much would that be worth to your business?

Congratulations Joyce. Please add a scheduling calendar.

No comments: