Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mobile Computing

I broke down today and bought an iPhone.

I had a Treo last year. It was always an awkward shape to hold. My wife simply would not use it.

I was given a Blackberry Storm for Christmas by my son to replace the Treo. It is better.

I got the iPhone to use for testing various software as a service products we write and provide.

I now understand. I guess it is sort of like Twitter - until you use it you just can't get it.

It didn't hurt that the Safari browser ran all our services fast and error free.

My favorite cell phone will probably always be my first StarTac. After all, my favorite car is still my 64 VW bug. 

But now I "get" mobile. It is just better. It is just easier. I still have a ways to go before I get it all - but for now - wow!

No comments: