Thursday, January 29, 2009

Internet History - How about Your Industry

Here is a strong reminder of the power of time.

This video was made in 1981. Hey, I was one of those guys reading newspapers online in 1981. I had a 300 baud modem - lightning fast at the time.





Back to the power of time - last week I read that the Seattle paper is going to a three day a week publication schedule. Plus for the past couple of years we have all read about the decline of the newspaper industry.

My favorite quote from the video is...

"we’re not in it to make money, we’re probably not going to lose a lot but we aren’t going to make much either.”

They are apparently correct on the first part of this but completing wrong on the second. I think we can all admit to having this type of hubris. My biggest fear is what am I being so over confident about now that will put me out of business over time.

No comments: