Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Working with Your Customers Through Mobile Devices

I fly commercial often. MediaPost had an interesting observation about trends with travelers and mobile devices.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.san&art_aid=97743

As they point out, commercial flyers are often the leading edge of trends. True over and over again.

They focus on TV and Movies being watched on mobile devices - not just phones, but also the i-Pod Touch - as opposed to on laptops.

I found myself taking the next logical step this past summer. I quit traveling with my laptop altogether. I use my mobile device to get online with a real browser - in my case Apple's Safari. Then I do all my work online.

What do you need to do to be able to interact with your customers not just online, but online through mobile. With cell phones finally moving to full browsers you do not have to do as much as you think.

Mobile is not just phone calls and texting anymore. Full, rich customer interaction is the idea to focus on for this year.

No comments: